For the past 25 years there has been an ongoing debate about the cost of health insurance. Companies have responded by implementing healthy living strategies to overcome the increasing cost of health care. Employees who are young and more seasoned can be hit by a health event that can have a negative effect on their company’s finances. There are CEOs who have decided to take a preemptive strike on the cost of health care. They recognize that the cost of health insurance is increasing for small and large companies. One specific way to change the fitness culture of a company is offering creative ways for everyone to get involved. Here are some things that companies are doing to promote healthy living and to reduce company expenses:
1. Create an employee walking path on company grounds
2. Develop a weight loss competition
3. Establish a healthy eating program on the company website
4. Support for individuals who participate in health causes like a cancer walk
5. Discounts to join a fitness center
6. Create a bicycle path for employees and have company bicycles
7. Build a fitness center in the company building
8. Offer health and fitness classes to employees
9. Offer more choices of low calorie and healthy food in the company cafeteria
10. Offer a personal weight training course
There are things that a company can do to reduce health insurance costs. Hiring a health coach is another way to help all employees to have access to someone who can keep them to remain focused. Too many employees start the year with great health goals and then they give up after the second month of the year. More companies need to survey their employees to uncover the best healthy living suggestions. If you are not following this trend now is the time to get on board.
If you are interested in this and other business topics, I invite you to be a guest on the WWDB 860 am radio program called the Board Room meeting. This radio program will give you an opportunity to share business issues that are affecting your company. Send an email expressing your interest to email@example.com.